Monday, October 22, 2012

Maturing...with Time.

People say,
"Home is where the heart is".

Calcutta! Oh! My city of Joy...you have held my heart for too long.
And I do not blame you.
You were, are, and will always be,
my FAVORITE city in the whole wide world.
You are my home, my first love,
and shall forever be!

About three months ago,
I had moved into a new city.
Places, people, everything was unknown.
Yes, it's my country.
Yes, its my people.
Yet everything seemed so distant,
as distant as the lands untraveled by man.

Culture, food, language
nothing made me feel like it was "home, away from home".
Although I had good friends.
Made plenty of new ones.
Adjusted in a slow pace,
but hardly ever complained.

Missed my family back home every single day.

Ever since my parents dropped me here,
there's hardly been a day when I haven't missed them.
Can't remember one single week which i passed without crying.
But I'm lucky, I had my friends beside.
Food sucked. But now I am used to that too.
Although now I think it's been too much.
Adjusting to everything is boring too.
I feel I need new drama,
some action,
an end to too much boredom.
Simplicity would not spice up my life.
Yes, I AM trying hard to stay involved, but there is a limit to how much I can try.

I will not give up.
I need to carry on...for me, my parents, my entire family back home.
I need to make them proud.
Today I promise, I will try and move on...
Not from my parents,
not from my brothers and sisters,
not from my childhood friends,
Oh no...not at all!
I will move on from "trying" to be strong.
I am an independent individual.
I will move on from the weaknesses which tie me down.
I will be courageous and headstrong.

I am a woman.
A strong independent woman.
I will work hard for my loved ones.
I will be strong.
Tears help none...I shall only smile.
I know it within me,
I will be strong.

7 comments:

  1. I loved it!! specially because i can relate to it equally!! Keep it up. Proud of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. believe me when i say this...the pleasure is all mine!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's one brilliant thing, I've read in a long time. You're a strong woman. I love you for the same!
    I want to read more stuff you write. It'll inspire me to re-start my blog activities! :D

    Also, I'd like to add; "Maturity comes when, you wonder why you're doing something, and at the same time you do know, the answer to you wonder, but you still keep wondering. Its a viscous circle, Lassy!" :)

    (I just made that one up! I wish I could have its copyright, but damn the internet :P)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd feel rather privileged to know that I could be the reason for someone getting back to writing down their feelings.
      Thanks for the added lines. Loved them, as much as i love you.
      :)

      Delete
  4. Nyc...keep it up... each of us, who went out of their hometown have had identical brooding moments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      I feel extremely joyous when, the feelings I share, is relate-able!
      It feels greater to know that I am not alone, because when so many people are alone, there is a togetherness in that too ;)

      Delete