Tuesday, November 13, 2012

An evening by your side...

Sitting by the balcony, with my head on your shoulder,
I'd sit and smile, and with you I'd wonder...
I wouldn't talk about a single worry,
wouldn't drop a single tear,
with you, I'd have nothing to fear.

I'd silently feel the cool breeze blowing in my face,
tossing and turning, making my hair unkempt.

Life would seem much more simpler than ever;
I'd know that there would always be a shoulder I could lean on to,
go back and forth, to our past and our future..

Maybe after a while when we were tired of our silent conversation,
we'd talk about the past and share a hearty laugh...
How we acted when we were young,
how we flew balloons in the sky,
how just a single bottle of Cola sufficed our thirst,
how we discussed those several ways to fly high!


"The days that are gone, could never come back", they say,
but we'll prove them wrong!
Once again we'd buy balloons,
once again we'd have a mid-night snack,
once again we'd empty our pockets to catch the early morning show.
Once again it would be "Us",
the two individuals, we could never let go.

Sitting by the balcony,
resting my head on your shoulder;
"could we ever change?"
Together we'd wonder.

2 comments: